Wednesday, July 6, 2011

pignano

Thanks for all the great birthday wishes, everyone. I missed you all so much this week, and I am doing my best to enjoy the moment but I'm ready to return to the wonderful US of A. (On the 4th of July, I kept calculating the time differences....now, they are putting out the hot dog machine...now, they are probably watching fireworks and making smores...).

I might have time to write later, but right now I'm late for my second shift of work (my favorite activity, braiding garlic...see below) and just wanted to post some pictures. I'm in tuscany at Villa Pignano...different than what i expected, basically an amazingly beautiful ecovillage. With lots of ecovillage drama, which i may elaborate on later. We wake up at 5:30, work until 11:30 or so, then lounge around, eat lunch, rest/read on hammocks for the afternoon...work again from about 5 - 7pm, then have dinner and social time. I'm in charge of the non-horse animals (chickens, pigs, donkeys) and then help Ranieri in the vegetable garden. Will write soon.













No comments:

Post a Comment